Friday, October 8, 2010

{Guest Spot} - I'M NOT ONLY YOUR MOM- A Writers Den



Not really sure how I came across "A Writers Den" blog but I love it!  One post that I especially loved was the one named "I'm Not Only Your Mom" 10 Things your kids should know about you.  Here's an excerpt...Check out her blog to read the rest!

Here are 10 things your kids should know about you:


  • Mommy Is Not My Real Name: I hear the word “mommy” so many times a day that I sometimes forget my own name. “Kid, my name is NOT mommy.” About 30 or so years ago, your grandma and grandpa had a baby. That baby was me, and the word “mommy” doesn’t appear anywhere on my birth certificate. Although I do enjoy you calling me mommy, at some point in your life, I need you to know that I was and still am the young lady that I was before I became your mommy.

  • I Do Have Eyes In The Back Of My Head: This means that every time I tell you to do something, and then turn my back to walk away, and you proceed to cut and roll your eyes at me, sulking and pouting with your arms folded, I SEE YOU.

  • I am Psychic: I know that I’m raising you to believe in God, and there will be no black magic in this house. But it’s time I let you in on a little secret, I’m psychic. In fact, all moms are psychic. God granted me these special powers so that I could be a better mother to you. Part of me being a good mom, is preventing you from hurting yourself. So if I tell you the fire is hot, and you will most certainly get burned if you touch it, DON’T TOUCH IT. I don’t think I owe you any further explanation on this matter.
Thanks for letting me share this with my readers! YOU ROCK!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I think I'm behind on this list! :) Stopping from the Mom Loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. I have to go read the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kemberley you rock!!! I am so excited that you did this for me. Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before. You've made my week lady! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Love this! And yeah, I'm going to go read the rest!

    And btw, HELLO! I found you through Eleana's tweets! If you don't mind I'm going to nose around a bit,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a mom but this is hilarious!!! I'm going to send it to my mom because I can just hear her saying every one of those words. I think she'll really enjoy.

    stopping by from BF

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful to hear that I am not the only one with two eyes in the back on their head. I really needed them when I was a classroom teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!!!
    I tell my kids that I changed my name to a bad word and they are not allowed to say it. Yeah I'm a bad mommy.
    Come check out the bad mommy blues.
    http://www.mythoughtfulspot.net/2010/09/bad-mommy-blues.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I remember thinking my mom actually did have eyes in the back of her head. How else did she know what I was doing? Now that I am a mom it amazes me that I know every sound our kids make. And when I don't recognize it... I run!

    Following from Blog Frog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I am your newest follower via blogfrog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY! I love that! I believe I am going to write that in a journal for my son.. so he can read it when he is old enough to understand it!

    Following your blog from Mom Loop Friday!

    Billie
    www.theunexpectedmother.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is hillarious... I am going right over to read the rest.... Thanks for having her as a guest post.

    Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're blogging it forward that's awesome. I love reading "A writer's den"-
    I loved the idea of mom being psychic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's interesting. i'm a mommy, and I have my eyes in the back of my head too. LOL

    Following you from BF.Millionaire Instantly

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is awesome... I am going to read the rest....:)
    Thanks for having her as a guest post.

    n thanks a lot for visitng and following And Appreciating my Art :)

    Love
    Pooja
    http://lightboxcreative.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes- totally agree! I loved it when I told my kids that I was once their age. They could not believe it. It was totally unfathomable that I could have been a kid once to them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol Cute post.

    Just saying hi from Blog Frog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Hello, I am over from New Bloggy Moms. Come see me at www.pinkdivacafe.com
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL! Eleana..I thought of the very same things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree- very funny! I also popped in from Blogfrog!

    ReplyDelete